Young entrepreneurs of Europe,
Since last November we have been talking about the YES Agenda 2010-2015 outlining four key-priorities for Young Entrepreneurs in Europe:
- Access to capital
- Realization of the single European market
- Education / development of entrepreneurial culture
- Failure-tolerant legislation / bankruptcy legislation
Based on these principles we have presented YES at important international networks, think tanks and conferences. The following video and presentation from the 'Festival d'Europa' last May in Firenze, Italy, are good examples of our positions which have been warmly welcome by a number of different stakeholders.
It is very important that YES has represented young entrepreneurs of Europe in major international events, like the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Summit in Nice, France where we have signed the official communiqué,
We also represented Europe at the MAME Young Entrepreneurs Network and the newly formed Mediterranean Young Entrepreneurs Confederation.
Last, but certainly not least, our participation to EBAN - The European Trade Association for Business Angels, Seed Funds and other early-stage market players points out the top importance we give to access-to-capital. In this context, we plan to operate a pan-European business angels network, mostly web-based and targeted to cross-border investments in European start-ups.
For the coming year we have very ambitious objectives:
- Achieving 100% EU Member States membership in YES and vast majority of the candidate / associated States
- Introducing associate membership for entrepreneurial organizations interested in joining the YES community, as well as introducing corporate and individual memberships
- Positively influencing the EU and national/regional governments towards the realization of the YES Agenda 2010-2015
- Providing real services to member federations, corporations and individual entrepreneurs | A first service could be the presentation of a qualified, screened deal-flow to individual and corporate investors in the context of a business angel networks operated by YES
In order to meet these ambitious objectives we shall form a highly motivated and qualified Presidency Team as well we shall create administrative infrastructure with a dedicated, qualified team and partnership with the right service providers.
Above anything else, YES is a collective organization. We do need the active involvement of every single European young entrepreneur!
We do need members' active involvement in order to achieve results that will make us proud and make Europe a better place for entrepreneurship.